Thursday, January 05, 2006

Growing pains.

Yesterday I started writing out my CV. The future is approaching really quick and I don't think that I'm prepared at all. I still dunno whether to stay on at uni for another year and do my masters or to get a job. (try to get a job - 'get a job' sounded way too confident and self assured to be written by me)

I've signed up with a recruitment agency who for the past 15 years or so have been specializing in the type of work that I want, only thing is they want my CV which means that I have to write one. Scary. I've got a rough draft, which I'm more than likely to post up (not that anyone is interested I think, but more because I can kid myself that people are)

See, sometimes I can't wait to take my life in the direction that I want, but then other times I just can't summon the self belief or strength and I think that life isn't this big exciting thing, it's just like it is now, and has been. It's annoying.

Ordered a gift for one of my best friend's 21st birthday yesterday, but I have a suspicion that he may read this from time to time, so I won't say more. (Oi oi Phill btw if you're out there)

Going into Halifax now to get my dad a birthday present. I was torn between something he might like and something easy. I've gone for the easy option, cos in truth, I doubt he would like either of them that much. And I think this option has more ways to use it than the other. How cold does that sound. It isn't meant to. That's just the way things are and I don't think either of us particularly mind so much.

*edit* well, WH Smith don't do gift vouchers anymore, they now do these gift card credit card type things. That's sure to annoy/piss off my dad...so it isn't all bad haha. Think I'm becoming addicted to Subway sandwiches. Oh and blogging. Again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sig F. Reid said...

whatever your decision would be... i'll prayer that it would be what would make you happy! :P

i hope the gift is something kinky! bwahaha!

7:34 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger kay said...

the-future-after-college scares me, too. i'm really starting to take my photography seriously and i'll be apprenticing with a famous fashion photographer real soon, and i don't really know what i'm scared of, i suppose it's all this enormous possibility. like they say, the unknown is a scary thing.

and i miss subway sandwiches.

12:23 PM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger pruvaloo said...

free: cheers for that bro :D

as for the gift i don't think its something kinky

although, wait, you could use it for something kinky if you wanted to...so maybe it is ;) i'll post up some pics in a couple of weeks so i dont spoil the suprise for my friend

keys: wow!! that is very very very cool :D good luck with that - make sure you post up how it all goes! i bet that's gonna be such an experience

i think its good that you have something lined up like that, i have nothing at the moment, which i think is partly why im worrying

and you're better off without subway sandwiches, stay away from them, once you start eating one you cant stop. they are 100% more addictive than heroin and cocaine combined.

2:47 PM, January 09, 2006  
Blogger kay said...

they are 100% more addictive than heroin and cocaine combined.

hahaha! :)

11:52 AM, January 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home