Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Unique shops and incense.

I only got a couple of inches of my hair, makes it a bit more manageable while still being able to hide behind it, which is a result on both points. After lunch me and Phill headed over to Halifax, after wandering around a bit we were drawn towards GAME...it's not like you didn't already think I was a geek...well, a game that I've wanted since it came out was on special offer, so I am now 20 quid poorer, but a game richer. Only problem is I'm a kid and I have a new toy and I want to play now, but I have my exam tomorrow, and the 'adult' part of me is telling me to get my notes in order etc. I'm not sure whether I'm gonna listen though.

After more wandering around we stumbled upon this really cool little shop in the Piece Hall, I guess you could describe it as a 'goth shop'...I dunno really. What I do know is that they sold amongst other things lots of ornaments of skulls and skeletons, really nicely decorated mirrors and candle holders, incense burners, fantasy swords and axes, and some pretty gorgeous looking gothic stylie dresses and skirts. One other thing that I know is that I love that kinda stuff (apart from the dresses, I think they look better on girls than me ;)) and I also know that when I get my own place I want it to be decorated with one of everything in that little shop.

It makes a nice change to be able to see a shop where the people behind the counter are actually interested in what they are selling, I guess it's a niche market, and I think it's all the better for being so. A lot more friendly than the big corporations.

This past week I've also been starting to think about next year and what I'm going to do. Whether I stay at uni to do my masters or not, sooner or later I'm going to have to step out into that big wide world, and I'm finding this quite a scary idea at the moment. I've started looking for jobs, and there do seem to be a fair few, the only problem being that they are in places such as Gateshead and Surrey, which means moving out, into my own place, on my own, to start a new job, in a brand new city where I know exactly zero people.

But then, I don't want to limit myself to working within 10 miles of my house. I'm young, I have no responsibilities, no girlfriend (ie I'm a waster and a loser) so maybe it's best for me to saunter off round the country for a while. I've not decided yet. But the fact still stands it's scary.

6 Comments:

Blogger kay said...

graduation doesn't scare me much, mostly because i know what path i'm going to take after school. (no worries in the career department.) but the part about starting over, that's the scary part alright.

4:20 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger pruvaloo said...

I guess it's only just really hit me that within a year it will be highly likely that I am having to leave behind all the things that make me feel secure.

Part of me wants to blaze my own trail, but another part of me is worried about blazing the wrong trail.

2:45 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Sig F. Reid said...

bro, yeah, i love what socialpest posted too... :P

stay in the uni... the big world is one scary shit to deal with... hehehe...

nah, kidding aside, think of life outside the uni as adventure... you may like or not, but hey, at least it's dynamic adding dimension to your life! :P

7:46 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Sig F. Reid said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:49 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Sig F. Reid said...

oh one last thing... regarding the last paragraph... at least still young, you have your health, booze, friends... both of your hands... bwahahaha

7:51 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger pruvaloo said...

:D sure is one scary shit! but i like thinking of it how you say, as an adventure. and that's true, i do have all those things, so maybe i can't go too far wrong eh? hehehe ;)

1:50 PM, December 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home