Sunday, December 18, 2005

Coincidence and skunk Stella.

I always think it's really interesting how coincidence works. Out of all the possibilities in the world, sometimes things just seem to come together. I'm sure that all these variables must sometimes have a helping hand to bring them to a favorable solution. Take for example the other night. Myself and Phill had planned a night out in Halifax trying a new metal bar called The Cooler. I headed up to Phill's and had a beer whilst listening to Placebo and Evergreen Terrace (just to get into a festive kinda mood). We get a taxi into town, and decide to head into the nearby Goose for a swift couple.

Now, if you have ever smoked, tasted or smelt skunk or been in the vicinity of anyone with a joint you will know the fairly pungent smell of the stuff. This is exactly what my beer tasted like; a taste test from Phill confirmed this.


The skunk Stella


After, we head over to The Cooler, walk in, and after about 3 minutes decide that it isn't very good. What now? Can always go to the townie club just up the road. The bouncers see us coming though 'Sorry lads, you won't get in with that footwear'. Erm, should we try another club we'd heard about in Huddersfield? Why not...ok another taxi ride into another town. We find the club, and it's pretty nice inside. The only problem is everyone seems to know everyone else, and we are sticking out like sore thumbs until I see a lad I recognize. I go over to say hello and to check it is who I think it is. Phill comes over and has found Jodie (who is one of our friend's girlfriend).

I think it's odd that we should all meet up like that. What are the chances of all 4 of us being in the same place at the same time? And even so, what are the chances of seeing each other? I really like it when things just work out.


Inside the Camel Club...Phill: 'Mate, that's skunk Stella' Pruv: *Shocked*



Inside the Camel Club 2...Phill, Jodie, Pruv

4 Comments:

Blogger Sig F. Reid said...

coincidence?

me not believe in it... but it sure nice to see friends in a place where you thought they might not be there... :P

3:14 PM, December 21, 2005  
Blogger pruvaloo said...

ray ray: I've no idea if that means it was good or if it had gone bad lol all I know is it tasted ODD!

never smelt hops...perhaps I should ;)

free: it sure is nice :D makes your night.

I wonder sometimes about coincidence because sometimes it just seems so unlikely that an event would just randomly happen all on its own.

7:24 PM, December 21, 2005  
Blogger Sig F. Reid said...

yeah, i know what ya mean... that's why i don't believe in coincidence... read my latest post. i've written my opinion about this subject... :P

5:45 PM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger pruvaloo said...

i love reading this kinda stuff :)

11:52 PM, December 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home