Thursday, July 12, 2007

Acceptence

Got back from work today to find I had 3 pieces of mail. The first was a letter from my old uni - a couple of weeks ago I applied to return there to study on a MSc course. Thankfully they accepted my application and have offered me a place on the course :)

The second was my pay slip (I like how my job is officially titled as part time and yet I often work a 40 hour week or more) Still it's nice to see how much money I've earned. It's not so nice to see all the money the government take off me in tax and national insurance though :(

The third was the latest issue of a magazine to which I was given a subscription as a birthday present for the last few years :)

It's strange, I only intended to stay in my job for 6 months - I said that before I applied, before I went to be interviewed, after I'd had the interview, and after I signed the contract of employment - however after 6 months they asked me to stay on, I figured I may as well because it was better to have some money coming in rather than living the waster lifestyle that I had got used to.

Although it was pretty damn fine not getting up until 2 or 3pm, and then just hanging out with friends, enjoying the summer weather, doing a bit of 3d work, actually writing in my blog!!!! Before heading back upstairs to watch late night TV or read until 3 or 4am.

Anyway, I find myself now kinda attached to the job. I'm sure more than anything it's just because I've got used to it. I always thought it was crazy how you heard about people being in the military and once they came out they couldn't handle the freedom that the civilian world gave them. Of course this is no where near as extreme as that, but to some degree I feel like I can relate to that feeling.

An employment Stockholm syndrome if you will.

So my task over the weekend will be to write up my letter of resignation. I'm planning on having the last half of August off, as I've only had 5 days of leave since I started last October, so I reckon after 9 months I could do with a week or two off, and then I will be heading back over to uni to try on the student lifestyle. I hope it still fits me.

(just noticed that I've written a lot more than I intended, it's been a long time since I've done that and it felt good. It struck me the other day that I didn't want my blog to be one of those that slowly dies, but that's an idea to discuss in a future post. Hope every(any)one reading this is well and happy tonight.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home