Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sunday Afternoon.

Got up around lunchtime, which has become the norm for me over these past 6 months, which is how long I've had off uni for the summer. Sure as hell beats the measly 6 weeks kids get off from schools. It's gonna be such a shock to the system though come a week on Monday when I have to get up and drive over to Manchester. All those motorway miles looming over me again. Having said that, I never really mind the drive, I get to go right over the tops of the Pennines, which is really stunning countryside, and it's cool to see the progression of the seasons taking affect. From being completely snow-covered, to being a lush green. Gives me time to think too, anyway, I'm going off topic here.

Yeah, so I get up, come online and Neil is on MSN, asking me if we're still going skating today. Of course I reply positively. I tell him I've gotta ring Phill see what he's up to, then I'll get back to him and let him know. Spend about 10 mins on the phone to Phill, he ain't up for skating because his heels still playing up; I get back to Neil, and within 10 mins we're skating at Chads. Now the Ashes win has inspired every kid to play cricket, right where we usually skate, so we decide to pop down into the town centre, which is always dead on a Sunday afternoon.

Call in at HP to get a drink and sandwich, and to take a photo of a running lady, accordingly dressed in running attire. Here she is:

So we head off into town, and we are both like kiddies in a sweet shop. Everywhere you look is completely empty, with only the odd car driving through every now and again. By the council building there's these lil planter things, and some one had waxed up the side of them, so after loads of really nice noseslides we head across the road to the carpark. Never really skated there before, but the ground is so smooth, the curbs would be really nice too if they were waxed, and there's a really nice wall gap that I wouldn't mind trying if we can get some sheets of ply wood from somewhere. We walk over to Tesco, and get abuse from some 6 year olds calling us 'moshers'...as Neil pointed out the only 'moshery' thing about us was that we had boards, but that would make us skateboarders, which is what we are. Stupid kids.

We walk across to the infamous 'gap', and the fucking things totally grown over, there's like a tree right in the way. You really wouldn't know it used to be skate-able, then again, we haven't really been down that way for about 3 or 4 years, so I guess the tree thought it could move in. We ended up skating at this factory with some other lads. Neil had a sweet run of 180 flipping up some curbs, and then back down again. We laughed at how the other lads were doing proper tricks whereas we just do whatever, we don't even know the name of stuff anymore.....true veterans lol.

So, all in all, a pretty damned good day, at least it got me out of the house, which is always good, and I'm starting to get fit again; again, always good.

2 Comments:

Blogger opalina said...

sounds like a great day. thanks for commenting on my blog. i will keep reading..
luv, zen

7:05 PM, September 19, 2005  
Blogger pruvaloo said...

katrina and zen mantra: welcome :D!
hope to keep seeing you around

1:01 PM, September 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home