Friday, September 09, 2005

Reunited for an evening.

I got an invitation a few months ago from a guy who I went through high school and college with, it was for his 21st birthday. Well I'm just about ready and will be setting off in about half an hour, but that invitation made me think about a few things.

I'm going to see people who I haven't spoken to for 2 years, and these weren't just people who went to the same college I did, these people were, and are, my friends. All of them live within 15 minutes walk of my house, but it's just weird how people seem to drift apart. It's a nice feeling to realize that someone who isn't in regular contact with you has remembered you, and taken the effort to invite you to be part of something.

This lad will remember his 21st for his whole life, and I'm going to be part of that - I'm going to be one of the faces he associates with this milestone birthday. And I think that's really cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home