Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Pressies :)

I'm sat in Liam's room, we've just been playing Halo 2. Paul arrives from work, and the lads tell me to pause the game a minute. I turn around and they tell me it's time to give me my present.

It's taken out from under Liam's bed, I can tell instantly that it's a skateboard deck - you don't use something nearly daily for 7 years or so without recognizing the shape! It's wrapped up in newspaper, Liam says it's more punk rock that way, plus the sheets of normal wrapping paper weren't big enough. Newspaper is pretty punk rock though :D

Paul and Tom had gone over to Huddersfield and bought a skateboard, then they took the trucks and wheels off, and sanded all the paint off by hand! They said it took the two of them hours to get the board back to the bare wood. Then they went around and got everyone in 'the team' to sign it and write me a little message.

A couple of years ago we used to have quite a big group. I was close to every single person in that group. They are all fantastic people, and you know that they would do anything for you, from watching your back, to helping you out anyway they could. True friends. As time went by people kind of drifted away. Moving houses and getting jobs and a load of other stuff means that everyone doesn't hang out as much these days. But it's good to know you all still care :)



So thanks to Liam for coming up with the idea (it was a well good idea mate) and for wrapping it up in punk rock paper.

Thanks to Paul and Tom for going over and buying it, taking it apart, sanding it down (bet that was a bugger eh?) and for taking it around Hove Edge/ Brighouse and persuading everyone to sign it. Paul - cheers for riding around on a scooter with it between your legs ;) Tom - thanks for sticking up your coat when I drove past that time so I didn't see it :)

Finally, thanks to everyone who signed it.

Stef - long time no see, I will text you sometime, promise. Thanks for everything, especially for listening to me this time last year. I had so much stuff going on, and you listened to it all. Thankyou.

Paul (Calhoon) - those were a lot of kisses man! Cheers for everything mate, I won't forget about owing you a video camera don't worry! Thanks man.

(Mr) Tom - what you on about, you don't get abuse! Lol, seriously, thanks for everything, I reckon you're right, I won't go far wrong if I stick with you, so looks like you're stuck with me mate. Thankyou.

Liam - I doubt anyone will ever be as pretty as you! Although who knows, another 21 years and I might be (you cheeky bugger!). Cheers for being a proper stylie guy, and for thinking up this present. Like I say, you're in charge of all the presents from now on!

Ked - you are an absolute legend fella! You always manage to make me laugh, and that's rocking. You have THE best phrases, and I still want to record you on CD so I can have a giggle when I'm stuck in traffic on the motorway. Cheers.

Conny - hasn't been such a long time, but it's good to have met you too. The day of the nice guy will come sometime. I'll see you for your bday drinks :). Thankyou.

Scott (Scotty Boy) - Thanks mate, hope things are rocking with you. You need to play out more, aint seen you for a fair while! Cheers for everything.

Phill - 13 years is a long time man - here's to another 13 eh? Thanks for being a mate, an influence, and a generally rocking guy. Some of my best memories are from all those summers spent skating. Thanks for being part of that and for everything you've ever done for me. Cheers mate.

Neil - thankyou for having a rocking sense of humor and making me laugh so much. It was good to see your name on there man, means a lot to me to have all the team's names on there. Thanks for being a rocker.

And guest feature signature - Mr Dave Miller - can't believe you got him to sign it Paul. Thanks to you both!

Neil also kept a drunken Leeds Festival promise and bought me a laser aka mini Leeds Festival in a ball. Cheers man, my life is so much better now.



Thanks for being such a rocking set of friends.

xxxx

1 Comments:

Blogger pruvaloo said...

Going on the wall for sure, I have all my old decks saved safely away, soon as I get my own place Im having a wall full of them!

Cheers man :)

3:14 PM, October 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home