Saturday, October 08, 2005

Ked's Birthday.

So the other night, I think it was Tuesday, we all (Tom, Liam, Paul, Connie, Scott, and myself...and of course Ked)went out for my friend Ked's birthday. Nothing too fancy, just a few pints in a nice pub with the lads. Was a really good night, nice to have everyone together again, because lately it seems that we never see each other as much as we used to. Doesn't help with people moving away, working long hours etc.

I managed to win a game at killer darts, which put me £3 richer than I was before, apart from that it was a pretty quiet night. Well, I went to the bar to get another pint, and this random woman asked if I was a student, I replied 'Can you tell? Scruffy hair and baggy pants.'

'Nothing wrong with scruffy hair or baggy pants!' she replies. So I get talking to her - she's with her daughter and son (who had just spent 6 years in the army). I tell them all about uni and what I'm doing, turns out that they sometimes go to the pub just up the road from me, so I might bump into them again. Makes a really nice change to meet pleasant people on a night out. If only more people could be like that.

Near the end of the night Ked and Scott invite their girlfriend's up - so they kinda retreat to a corner to do the couple thing. We head off home, sit on the swings for a bit, then go ourseparatee ways. It was a really good night, and it was so good having everyone together again, even just for an evening.

Obligatory phone-camera-piccy:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home