Saturday, January 13, 2007

What I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a new mod to work on (at least I think I am). I think the time I spent working on Absence was pretty well documented here, but, well I kinda want that feeling again. Yeah it was hard work, and sometimes there were plenty other things I would of rather been doing. I sacrificed going out with friends a couple of times cos I needed to get something finished, but it didn't matter so much because we were a team and I knew that the other people working on it would be making equal sacrifices. I guess at the end of the day it made me feel like I achieved something. And I think 9 months from concept to a fully playable (albeit with a few slight bugs that we didn't get to iron out) level with custom models, textures, animations, voice talent/music and a 3rd person camera is pretty good going.

So yeah, I think I want another mod to work on. Only, do I? Well I'm a bit worried about biting off more than I can chew. I don't really have that much free time, so I'm wondering whether I want to give what free time I have to a mod. I think deep down I wouldn't mind doing so.

Yesterday and today I've been perusing the 'help wanted' sections of various forums. At the moment there are a couple of projects that have cought my eye. I need to get more involved with the community, I've become somewhat of an outsider of late. I need to get some decent portfolio content into a sample page that I can send out (when and if I apply to any of these mods) and I need to read a large book about web design and put something up other than a white page with an email address on it.

And right now I need to get something to eat. Going out tonight, meeting up with the guy who I spent everyday of college with. Not seen him since we went off to different uni's, so it should be a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home