Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Game Dev Diary - Absence nearly done

The official hand in for Absence is the 5th May, that's a week on Friday, which isn't very long. Our in house cut off date (ie when we decide that no more content is gonna be added) is the 3rd May, that's a week tomorrow, which is even less time :s

I was over at Salford today, and Z (one of our old lecturers and ex EA employee) was over to give us a lecture and then have a look at each team's game. Now, even if you don't know anything about games, you will of heard of EA, so it was damn cool to see someone who held a senior role in that company sitting and watching us play through the game. Damn, damn cool. He seemed pretty impressed too, which is excellent news seeing as we currently still have a few minor bugs, an overly shiny environment, and only about 70% of the content compiled and in game. (good news for us is that 99% of the content is finished and just waiting for someone to compile it)

Olly and myself have just been working on one of the bugs, and I'm happy to report we've got it fixed now, so my tasks for this coming week are to re-unwrap and re-texture the model we fixed tonight, then I'm making some ivy decals for the glasshouse, then Lance is writing an idiot's proof guide to compiling, so that me and Sarah can start work on the back log of content.

8 months work and now we are down to the final 8 days. I will be posting *a lot* of screenshots and links to where you can get the game, so I hope that any/everyone reading this will play it. Please.

Then go and tell your local game dev house how good it is and how they should give me a job right away.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home