Friday, August 12, 2005

Oh boy...

Do I have a lot to get off my chest. If you have prior arrangements or appointments cancel them now, lock the door, pull the curtains and settle down with a glass of something nice - you might be here a while.

My anime project is going quiet well, it should of been signed off an hour ago, however, I've had my deadline extended, so infact it wont be signed off until this time next week, which means that a) I can sleep and b) go about finishing it off in a more leisurely way, which is good considering I have myself another job on at the mo.

Someone I used to work with has decided that she wants a new PC, and as I've done some upgrades for her in the past, I guess I was an obvious choice. Yesterday afternoon I drove down to her flat, just to go over what she wanted, and to collect some money for the bits. Nice easy work and well paid :D now all I have to do is wait for all the parts to arrive then I get to put them all together, at the moment my floor is looking like some kind of techno-mess. Imagine the innards of a computer spread across a floor, and thats what it looks like....infact, you don't even have to imagine it, heres a pretty picture to break up all this text.

Pretty messy huh?

Anyway, back to yesterday, on my way back to the ka I met Doz, who I haven't seen for ages. Spent like 20 minutes looking around his car, since the last time I saw it the double exhasuts have been replaced by one 4 inch bad boy, a huge Blitz induction kit (with direct air feed through one of the headlights), and a swanky set of Team Dynamics alloys have been added.

When I get back I find that the house across the road finally has new people moving into it, speculation that my new neighbours are infact a group of young, single, attractive nurses can't yet be confirmed or denied. More on that one as and when I find stuff out ;)

So I was in quite a good mood this morning, that soon changed though when I checked my emails. So **** had sent me a message telling me that I needed to log onto this dodgy website and enter my PayPal username and password because they were updating their records. I doubt said **** will ever read this, but just in case, here are my tips which may help him to be more successful.

Tip the first: when writing your email, make sure the words are spelt correctly, also making the body of the email a huge .gif instead of text isnt standard practice for PayPal.

Tip the second: use some simple html to hide the url of the website you direct me to, there is no way that I am gonna enter my details when I can see that the address is something along the lines of: http://www.im-a-proper-loser.com/my-paypal-scam-that-no-one-will-notice.html

Tip the third: don't send said emails to me. Believe it or not, I am both computer and internet literate. That means that I know what your little scam is. It also means that I know how to take your domain name and use it to look up your name, and your address, and your email address. Which is what I did. I then sent a really friendly email telling this **** that he should say sorry and promise to be a good boy otherwise I would bascially make his life a living hell.

Wonder which option he'll take?

Finally, I also got a new webcam today, so expect some hairy pics, ala below:

Right, I think thats about it for today, oooh, just quickly, Bitkari has made the Absence website, there's not much content on there at the mo, but more will be added over the next few weeks and months as the development starts in earnest. If you want to check out what we have at the moment you should saunter over to the Absence website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home