Thursday, August 04, 2005

Welcome (and other things)

First of all I'd like to say hello. Hello. The brighter amongst you may have realised that this is my first post on this brand spanking new blog. A blot on the landscape for eternity. I'm Pruvaloo, suprise suprise, you may also of noticed that I have quite a dry sense of humour, coupled with a liking for sarcasm, which I'm sure will make for a pleasant ride not only for you, but for me also. I hope.

Right, now we're all nice and friendly I'll get down to what's on my mind.

Anime hair.

I don't know if any of you have ever stopped to consider the form and structure of anime style hair, but you really should. It will drive you up the wall. But why am I thinking about anime hair? Well....

I've recently landed myself a job, yes that's right, me with a job (don't worry, I'm as shocked as you are, no serisouly I am) yeah, well, the job is to make a low poly anime style character which is to be used for a video game. I have a deadline of ten days in which to make this character, get it textured and create 11 animations. I planned it all out in my head and decided this would be plenty of time. However, anime style hair has come and stopped me in my metaphorical tracks. The problem is, even 'simple' hair styles still require a lot of detail to make them look anything like decent. I simply don't have the available polys to spend on the hair, so for the past day I've been trying to figure out how to simplify the hair style down. I think I've just about managed it. I think. But we will see tomorrow when I try and model it.

This new project has put my other active project into the 'less active' section. But you don't know about my other project, right?

July saw the start of my work towards my final year project at uni. Our brief is to make a video game, how cool is that!?! (geeky I know) My roll in the team is to act as a 3D artist and also offer some help with the animation. I've made a test character, and was part way through the texture process when I landed this job, so as I said, he's kinda been put on hold. For the next 10 days anyway.

I wont say too much about our uni game except:

  • it's a 3rd person action adventure game
  • it's set in a quasi-victorian world
  • there will be a strong puzzle solving theme, as well as character exploration
  • we're using the source (HalfLife 2) engine

In the near future I'll post up the link to the 'official' website, and also the mini-site contained within my site (which needs the re-design to be finshed off) So much to do and so little time to do it to coin a phrase.

I think that's more than enough for tonight, and a nice amount to amount to a healthy first post. Until next time dear readers, goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home