Sunday, August 07, 2005

Pause for thought

I've spent most of today working, which feels quite odd. On the one hand it's nice to have something creative to do to break the boredom of the day, on the other hand it feels weird working on a weekend...after all, that's why I quit my last job, because I wanted my weekends back.

Well that, and the fact that the work was boring and uninspiring, the pay was terrible, the conditions weren't much better and the staff were, hmmm, quite. Ooh a little outburst, maybe I should write a longer post about my old job sometime.

Back to the present, I've progressed with the low poly character, but it's taken most of the day, and now Im waiting to get some feedback from my client. Doesn't help that there is a 6 hour time difference between us, and the only method of communication we have is email, at least over MSN I could get his thoughts instantly. There's nothing worse than knowing you have a deadline, but being unable to carry on because you are waiting for a reply. Nothing we can do about it I'm afraid, but it is damn annoying.

Taking a quick break for some food I settle down with the days paper, now I'm usually not one for taking notice of them, but I had nothing better to do at the time. I flicked through one of the Saturday magazines that you get inside them until I got to the horoscopes page. Again I hardly ever read my horoscope, but I was in a crazy and adventurous mood, so I thought what the hey.

"People who excercise everyday grow stronger. People who regularly practice a skill become more adept. People who eat a lot become capable of eating a lot more. People who indulge their anger grow irritable. People who frequently criticize others find an ever-expanding list of reasons to be disapproving. Our thoughts and our feelings are like seeds. We reap what we sow. What are you giving a lot of time and attention to? Is it a negative activity or a positive one? Resolve to invest your energy wisely this week and you'll eventually recieve the kind of reward you truly need."

Now don't get me wrong, I well understand the way these things are written, they are so general that you fit your current circumstances around them, and hey presto, it's almost like a complete stranger knew exactly what you were thinking or how you felt.

While I may not believe that these words predict my future, I do think that they are meaningful in a way that perhaps they were not meant to be. I think they do indeed carry with them a message, and for that reason I think they are worth reading, and contemplating.

That was my pause for though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sig F. Reid said...

That's why I rarely read horoscope. But you are right, it is sometimes insightful.

Kewl, job you got. Though, I'm not into playing games much, I love watching animes.

Experience that too, when I hear an old song, I seemed to remember when I first heard that song, who I'm with or what was going on with my life at time.

Nice blog. Be dropping by, whenever I can, to read more.

8:09 PM, August 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home