Thursday, July 24, 2008

September, holidays, MSN and other bits

It's been a strange, yet good, week so far. I logged on to MSN on Monday night and got messaged by a friend asking if I fancied going away in September. They'd decided it would be a good idea over the weekend and were going to look for a last minute deal thing. I said it would be good.

I logged on to MSN on Tuesday night and joined a convo with a group of friends, over the next few hours we book and pay for the flights and accomodation. Seems kinda crazy to go from knowing nothing about a trip, to being booked in and paid for within 48 hours, but hell, spontaneous can be good sometimes.

So yeah, a group of 6 of us are going in September. We fly from Liverpool, and one of my friends is at uni down there, so we are gonna go down a few days before the flight and just chill at his place, make a nice little trip out of it.

It's going to be so good, I really really cant wait. Had a bit of a scary moment where I couldn't remember what I'd done with my passport after getting back from Paris, but I found it, so I'm good to go :D

---

August is also a busy time for me, first weekend I'm away and the last week I'm away too, so I really need to start getting stuff organised for that.

---

I read a little proverb thing the other day that said that 'in life, the journey is more important than the destination'. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I kinda like that feeling of security you get from being where you are. Contentment I guess. But maybe what I thought were destinations weren't, maybe they were just like serive areas where you can stop a while, have some over priced junk food and use a dirty toilet before carrying on again? Like I said, I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

---

Haven't spoken to L again yet. I want to, but last time I got very weird and I think if I do that too often it's just going to wreck things, and occasional friends is better than nothing right? I guess really what I was trying to get across was that I wanted her to be happy (I know I don't really have to be bothered any more, but I want her to be happy, so I still am bothered y'know) anyway, I think she is. I hope things between her and her new guy are going well. From what I gathered it sounded like she really liked him so I really do hope it works out.

I think just maybe I shouldn't tell her because I will just get all weird. I tend to do that quite easy haha.

---

I've been talking to someone who I used to know lately. She's invited me round a couple of times, but I'm not sure what to do. It'd be cool to see her again and just go out for the day like we used to, but I don't want it to bring all that stuff up again. We seem to get on better this time though and things would be different because I think we've both changed quite a bit.

I dunno, might just play it by ear for a while still and see how it all works out.

---

So there we go, up to date with my week so far. I've been thinking about a few things that I want to write about, but I'll do that later. I think it's important enough to get a dedicated post rather than one of these hotch-potch ones.

Hotch-potch sounds like a nice phrase.

2 Comments:

Blogger Livin said...

Hi,
Sorry for not dropping by. I haven't done so in a long while. I don't know what's come over me. I think I'm so depressed that I'm in denial about depression. So anyway, just read some of your recent posts.

It seems you had a girl, and then you parted ways. It seems you're 'talking' to someone else you knew. But you're not sure where it's headed if it's headed anywhere at all.

You seem to be having a rocking time with your pals over alcohol, blue haired waitresses, Cat Stevens' song, money, ciggies and what not.

It seems you have an old habit and now acquired a new one. Both don't seem to be promising even though you justify it by saying you're harming yourself. See if I say something, it'd come across like I'm preaching and nowadays the world is so hyper sensitive about 'leave me alone and let me do my thing' that I will refrain from voicing my misgivings.

It seems you're travelling in September. It seems you're life is and for a while has been on the right side up. Good for you.

Have a really good time!And if you could chuck your 'habits' it'd be great too, but then to each his own. After all it is your life.

5:41 PM, July 30, 2008  
Blogger pruvaloo said...

That's ok, you're doing my trick of disappearing for a while. I know some days it can take a monumental effort to even get up and have the strength to face the day, so much so that you just seem to exist in a trance. Well, that's how I get anyway.

All of these things are true - I guess I've never got used to the temporary nature of relationships. Just doesn't seem to make sense to me somehow.

Yeah, this someone else used to be quite close to me, but we grew apart, and I'm thinking that maybe it was for a reason, you know, maybe it would be best not to get close again in case we just grow apart for a second time? I think I'm just going to see how that one goes.

Oh yeah, I've been partying quite hard these past few months. And I'm really lucky I think to have the friends I do. I've known my oldest friend for about 18 years, and the rest in my circle of friends I've known for about 10 years, so we are almost like family. We've been through a lot together and they have all seen me at my best and at my worst and they stuck around. They are a great bunch and I would do anything for any of them. They really have helped me more than they know, perhaps I should let them know that sometime.

Please feel free to preach as much as you like, you've been coming here long enough to earn that priviledge ;) The old habit is not as 'intense' as it could be, and the newer habit is slowly retreating. It's taking a bit of mental strength, but I think with my busy schedule for the next few months I will hopefully be able to lay that one down to rest. As I said I think I'll keep the old habit for a while longer. For the moment anyways.

Again yes, myself and some friends are going to Budapest which I'm really excited about - although somewhat wary about as I tend to be an anxious traveller.

Thank you, sometimes I forget which side it's on, but I think you are right. Of course, some things could be better, but if everything was perfect things would be very boring right?

6:05 PM, July 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home