Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Evos

Yesterday a couple of the good folks over at Evolution Studios (www.evos.net) came over to uni to give us a talk about various industry related things. I love going to anything like this, because I'm a geek and I think it's cool to be able to speak to the people who had a hand in making some of the games that I really enjoy. Similar to meeting your favourite writer/director/musician I would imagine. Anyway, most of the talk was giving us insights into how to get our first job in the industry and how to get noticed. Always good when you get tips from someone in the HR department - kinda like the teacher telling you the answers to a test lol.

It was also another reminder that I will soon be out in the world looking for a job, so as soon as I got home I finished off my CV, then spent most of the night rendering out some of the stuff I've been working on for Absence, THEN I sent my eyes crazy by staring at HTML for a couple of hours.

The result is that I finally have a website that might actually help me get a job. This is quite a major step for me because having owned www.pruvaloo.co.uk for over two years, this is the first time it's been put to real use. So if you want to see some of my recent models, see how well I did at high school, or find out what the first videogame I played was, head over there :)

Two hard copies of my dissertation, along with £39, need to be in Manchester at 2pm on Friday. Currently, there are no hard copies. The soft copy isn't finished yet. I haven't been to the bank, and I'm in Yorkshire, not Manchester.

eek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home